Why Is My Netgear Ex6110 Extender Not Connecting to Router?
Netgear Ex6110 extender not connecting to router? Fret not! You have landed on the right page. Here, you will be guided through various troubleshooting steps to get rid of ‘Netgear extender won’t connect to router’ issue. Let’s get the ball rolling.
In order to perform a hassle-free Netgear Ex6110 extender setup for your home network, the extender should connect to your router. However, most of the users face issues while connecting their Netgear Ex6110 extender to the routerIf you’re on the same boat as them, here’s how you can get help.
Reasons Behind Netgear Ex6110 extender Won’t Connect to Router
Wondering why my Netgear Ex6110 WiFi extender won’t connect to my router? Wonder no more! The following are the main reasons of the problem:
- The extender is blinking orange.
- Improper configuration of your home WiFi router.
- Lost internet connectivity.
- Loose wired connections.
- Partial extender reset.
- Improper placement of your Netgear Ex6110 extender .
- Your Netgear extender is not set up properly.
So these were major reasons behind the Netgear Ex6110 extender not connecting to the router issue.
Now, let’s get to know how to resolve this issue.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Ex6110 extender Not Connecting to Router
Solution 1: Basic Check Points
Prior to going for advanced troubleshooting steps, ensure to check the following points:
- The Netgear Ex6110 extender and router are powered on and have fluctuation-free power supply.
- Check the status of LED lights on your extender. They should be stable.
- The router should be placed in the same room as that of your extender.
- Your Netgear Ex6110 extender WiFi range extender’s hardware should not be faulty.
Solution 2: Achieve Optimal Extender Placement
Bad placement of the Netgear Ex6110 extender may lead you to connection problems. While placing your Netgear extender, Take the following tips into consideration:
- Pick a central location in your home or office for the extender.
- The extender must be placed away from walls, ceilings, and corners.
- Electronic devices should be kept at a certain distance away from your Netgear Ex6110 WiFi range extender as these can create interference in the path of WiFi signals.
- Be sure to place your extender away from metal objects too. Metal studs, metallic doors, and other similar items fall under this category.
- Reflective surfaces like mirrors, glass, and fish tanks also block WiFi signals from your extender. So make sure your extension isn’t in the way of these goods.
Solution 3: Power-Cycle Your Extender
Achieved an optimal extender placement but still, Netgear Ex6110 WiFi extender won’t connect to router? Don’t worry! Go with the power-cycle method. In order to power-cycle your Netgear extender, walk through the below-given steps:
- Unplug your WiFi extender from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the extender back into a power outlet.
- Turn your Netgear Ex6110 extender on.
Note: If the power-cycling of the extender doesn’t work for you, try to reboot your home WiFi router as well. For that, you can take help from our experienced technicians.
Solution 4: Check the Connections
Maybe there are loose or improper connections between your extender and router, causing the Netgear Ex6110 extender not connecting to the router issue. If this is the case, the following steps will prove a boon for you:
- Consider making a wired connection between your extender and router instead of the WiFi one.
- Use an undamaged and cut-free Ethernet cable.
- In case your WiFi extender connects to a router that requires browser login, then make sure to connect your PC or laptop as well.
On the off chance if all the connections are proper, try resetting your WiFi range extender to the default factory settings. In case you don’t know how to reset your Netgear Ex6110 extender , click here for the complete steps.
If you are still facing the ‘Netgear Ex6110 extender won’t connect to router’ issue, feel free to contact our technical experts by email or chat .