Installing an extender has become the need of every user owning a big home. A router alone is not able to cover the entire area in their home with lag-free WiFi signals, especially if they are trying to access the internet in backyard or front yard. In such a case, getting an extender can bring difference to the overall performance of their WiFi. Among all, wavlink is one of the best extenders offered by Wavlink giving great WiFi coverage. Not only it covers the dead areas in your home but also allows you to use internet throughout the land in your home. For this, however, you need to first install the device to make it working. Here, we are going to describe how to do Wavlink AC1200 setup via WPS in a matter of minutes.
How to Set up Brand New Wavlink AC1200 extender via WPS?
Once you unwrap your extender and install the antennas given with it, you will be able to execute the Wavlink AC1200 setup process. Let’s get started.
- Plug in your Wavlink extender to the power source and turn it on.
- Make sure the power LED on your range extender is lit green.
- Once done, locate the WPS button on your extender.
- Done? Press the button and wait for your device to get activated.
- Now, head towards the WPS button on your WiFi router and press it.
- Once done, log in to your range extender by accessing ap extender setup.
- Once you reach the interface of your range extender, go to the settings section.
- Now, find the WPS option under WiFi connections options and select it.
- This is how you will be able to complete Wavlink AC1200 extender setup using the WPS method.
Once the Wavlink AC1200 extender process is complete, you can do a bunch of tasks such as change password, create guest network, monitor the list of connected devices, change WiFi channel, etc. The best thing about Wavlink AC1200 WiFi range extender is that there is an automatic firmware update feature in it that enhances the working of the device from time to time. In addition, the network signals of wavlink extender can be enjoyed in any area of your home, depending on your need.
All in all, whether your want to stream videos on YouTube, surf the internet, or like to play online games, Wavlink AC1200 extender is your best bet.
Just in case you find issues while setting up your extender using the WPS button, below are some factors you need to keep in mind for getting success with the overall process.
Checkpoints While Doing Wavlink AC1200 extender Setup Using WPS Method
- Keep your extender closer to the router while doing Wavlink extender setup.
- Make sure both the devices are getting sufficient power supply.
- Check if your extender is connected to your device via ap.setup.
- Consider keeping WiFi-interference causing devices at bay while doing Wavlink AC1200 setup. To name a few, you can place your extender as well as router far from Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, baby monitors, cellular phones, etc.
Considering these points, you will be able to get success with the Wavlink extender setup. Once done, there are a few more factors to be considered by you to let your extender work at its optimum level. Here they are:
Tips to Be Followed After Wavlink AC1200 extender Setup
- Change the default username and password of your extender to keep your device protected from potential threats.
- Consider updating the firmware of your extender to latest version whenever available.
- Create a guest network for the people visiting your place to avoid any leech.
- Keep only those devices connected to your extender that are used by you or your family members.
- Turn off your extender when not in use to let it have some rest and avoid the problem of overheating.
This way you will be able to take your internet experience to the next level with the Wavlink AC1200 setup.
If you want to share your purpose behind doing Wavlink AC1200 setup and experience with device, drop us a line via chat. You can also contact us for having assistance on issues related to Wavlink AC1200 extender setup (if any).