When dealing with QuickBooks, how frequently do you encounter errors? If you need a technician to fix anything frequently or maybe occasionally, check out the QuickBooks File Doctor, which can do the work for free.
If you’re using QuickBooks 2016 or later, this tool will suffice to resolve any issues. This is one of the reasons why QuickBooks is popular accounting software used by a variety of businesses – it doesn’t claim to be perfect, but it does give you with supplementary software for all of your repair needs.
So, what exactly is this QuickBooks File Doctor all about?
The QuickBooks file doctor is a software program that uses its own resources to assist you cure network issues, recover deleted files, and fix other QuickBooks mistakes. Here’s what this tool can help you with:
- Problems with network connections
- H101, H202, H303, and H505 are all errors.
- Your major files have been corrupted.
- -82, -301, -305, -6000, -6130, -6147, and 6150 are all errors.
- Files that you can’t open because they’ve been damaged
How to Setup QuickBooks File Doctor
Only Windows machines running version 2016 or newer will be able to install this program. This utility isn’t compatible with older versions of QuickBooks, and it also won’t work on a Mac. This tool is really easy to download and install:
- Download the installation package from the OEM.
- Double-click the setup and follow the on-screen directions.
- Enter your QuickBooks login ID and password details.
- Depending on who you are, click on “Host PC” or “Workstation PC.”
- Now that the software is installed, you may choose whatever file or issue you want to fix.
What Is QuickBooks File Doctor and How Do I Use It?
After the installation is finished, which is a much shorter procedure than it appears above, you must first run the software before you can begin utilizing it.
Step 1: Install and run the software
The first thing you’ll notice when you start the app is a dropdown list of company names. You’ll see a list of options below that, from which you must choose what you want to correct. The procedure is as follows:
- From the tool hub, go to “Company Files Issues.”
- You then select “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll now see the above-mentioned UI.
- Choose your firm from a dropdown menu or search for it.
- You’ll be prompted for your admin ID and password once more.
- In the advanced settings, double-check the relevant options.
Case 1: Your QuickBooks file is from a previous version.
If your file contains an error as a result of its age, you must convert it to a newer version. You can do this by choosing “Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks” or “Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks.”
Case 2: We’ve fixed all of your files.
If the versions aren’t an issue, the doctor will repair all of your files. From here, you go to the following step.
Step 2: Make a copy of the company file as a backup.
After you’ve repaired your files, you’ll need to take certain precautions. To begin, make a backup of this file so that it does not cause you any problems in the future. This is because you may need to upgrade your software again in the future. These updates are normally received after you have completed a repair. So you take the plunge.
The QuickBooks File Doctor is a built-in feature.
A built-in file doctor is included in all newer QuickBooks editions. External software, on the other hand, is usually more suggested. You can still use the built-in version for small problems in the following way:
- Start the program but don’t open any files.
- Select Menu-Utilities-Repair File & Network Problems from the menu bar.
- Select the file that needs to be repaired from the Browse menu.
- Under advanced settings, there will be another dropdown menu. Select the option that best suits your needs at the time.
- Click Next after entering your admin ID and password.
- After the diagnosis is complete, open the file and double-check everything.
What’s the Difference Between the Internal and External File Doctors in QB?
Despite the fact that their basic operation is the similar, there are significant variances between the two.
To begin, the external QuickBooks File Doctor is a separate piece of software that you must install in addition to the main QuickBooks program. The built-in file doctor, on the other hand, is included in the core QuickBooks software and does not need to be installed separately.
Second, you can repair any file or network fault in your PC with the external QuickBooks File Doctor. The built-in doctor, on the other hand, is limited to simply mending QB files.
Finally, both the program and the types of mistakes that can be fixed have restrictions. The external program can only fix a few QB errors, corrupt or damaged files, and networking issues, whereas the in-built one can fix any QB file.
QB File Doctor’s Limitations
Despite the fact that it is a fantastic piece of software, the following issues remain:
- It can only be used in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
- Server 2003-2012, as well as Windows 7, 8, and 10, are the only operating systems that support the built-in doctor.
- Any file larger than 2 GB cannot be repaired by the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The software cannot be used in an offline mode.
- The software can only be used by the administrator.
Nothing beats having software that can take care of everything for you. QuickBooks File Doctor has enabled us to self-diagnose and cure two primary issues: networking and corrupt files. Regardless of whether the file belongs to QB or not, if it is corrupt, the external software can repair it for you. So, are you ready to get your hands on it?